Monday, January 24, 2011

Gameplanning

Mbh says these recruitment fairs are a monster. We need to have a plan of attack. Which schools do we want to interview with in what order? Which school if offered a position would we immediately say yes to? What is the average airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow? You know, stuff like that.

Mbh being socialized as an American woman got all anxious and excited to buy a new outfit for the interview days. I wasn't looking to buy something new, but why the hell not. It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous. We got a lot of different reasons to teach abroad so we have to take all those things into account. ISS has a job search engine that finds all the schools with open positions. They also have an email alert system when new jobs open. I love getting emails from them. It makes me giddy.

Thinking about doing a spreadsheet (nerd right) on the school location, salary range, benefits, housing allowance, potential savings amount, taxes, and stuff. We're going to have to weigh a number of factors. For one, mbh and I want to have another baby. Babygurl! Quality of hospitals and coverage matter. Shit is ridiculously expensive for health care in the US. We put Mr. Babyman on mbh's health plan and it went from the $100-200 range to now where it's $800 something. Shit like that just pisses me off so bad. Anyways, I want to be someplace where my health isn't a commodity. I don't want to have to think about money when someone is in the hospital. I shouldn't have to think the way about people the way that I would think about my cat in the hospital.

Anyways, life is busy so we're planning to really gameplan Wednesday night. Hoo rah!

No comments:

Post a Comment